Thursday 23 April 2009

Long Time

It's been a long time since I visited my Blog. I'm losing heart Can't get a job and certain persons are not happy with me and I do not know why. Still thats life and I have no choice but to keep going.
I've sent back comments on the galley proof for The View Through My Spectacles. Many problems hoghlighted.
I have made slow progress on the re-write of The Green Wall. I have the Writers and Artists Yearbook and will select a potential agent from there. That will be a long time in the future.
I am expecting a review soon which will be published in a local magazine. I hope it is good. YA Readers have not come up with a revew yet. I don't expect anything soon.
Still, here is a taster of my poetry:

The Beast

From out of nowhere something stirred
It grew in size, the sound I heard
An awful scream, which rose from floor
I’d never seen what here I saw

It’s twists and turns and cries out loud
Were seen and heard from here to cloud
It rose right up and then it spun
I felt the urge, the urge to run

But then it thrashed its thousand tails
And then it wailed a thousand wails
And when all that was well and done
It cried out sorry, sorry mum

And then I saw within its eye
A tear, the beast began to cry
It shook and wailed, its face it hid
To tame the beast I made a bid

My head was in a spin, but clear
It reached to me, I pulled it near
I knelt beside it on the ground
Within the beast my child I’d found

No comments: